[Qgis-user] Creating polygon from points in csv file

Goyo goyodiaz at gmail.com
Wed May 19 15:03:51 PDT 2010

El mié, 19-05-2010 a las 22:20 +0200, MORREALE Jean Roc escribió:
> Hi Goyo,
>
> I would like to test your file but I can't not extract the file from the
> tar.bin, could you resend it using a more common format ?

The original author, Pavol Kapusta, uploaded (a new version of) it to
the contributed repository so you should be able to install it using the
plugin installer (plugins > Install python plugins).

Please send bug reports and suggestion here or to me.

> Your modification is great as it would solve a major pain I've been
> dealing with my tacheometer's output, it is a basic ascii file where
> every record is a point to which you can append a codification.
>
> For now we've to connect the point by hand, automating this task would
> be a relief (and a lot less error prone).
>
> Would it be easier to make a correct geometry by assigning a code to the
> point telling if it's the opening or the closure ? Or just following the
> incrementing point number would be enough to get a correct geometry ?

As for now the plugin assumes the points are in the proper order.
Sorting them by an attribute sounds like a good idea to me, I'ĺl think
about it.

Goyo