[Qgis-user] QGIS thematic "issue"

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Mar 14 06:37:10 PDT 2011

>>  ad 1) are you using the old or the new labeling? With the new
>> labeling
>>  (attention: the settings are not in the layer properties but in a
>>  separate toolbar!) features that aren't visible due to a scale
>> range,
>>  are not labeled. So switching to the new labeling should solve your
> I think I am using the new labelling feature (ABC logo with a blue
> line). I
> did not use the label tab in layer property. (I am using QGIS 1.6)

 yes - this is the new label engine.

 I tried with QGIS trunk version. Labels disappear when features are not
 drawn due to scale ranges. So, I cannot reproduce your issue with the
 current trunk version.

>>  ad 2) yes - activate "symbol levels" in the symbolization/style
>>  dialogue. After clicking the button, a separate dialogue appears
>> where
>>  you can enable them in a checkbox
> I can't find how it is working, I have two columns "layer 0" and
> "layer 1" what
> does it mean ? I have to choose some number: 1 is the top or the
> bottom
> "layer"?

 Normally, you just have to enable symbol levels with the checkbox. In
 many cases, the symbol level order proposed by QGIS will be ok. The
 number of levels depend on the number of levels you define in the symbol
 definition. E.g. if you added three lines on top of each other, you will
 have symbol levels 0 to 2 (3 levels).

 0 ... bottom layer
 1 ... next layer
 2 ... top layer