[Qgis-user] Is DXF support dropped?

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Mar 22 14:15:11 PDT 2011

if you use gdal 1.6 than there is no dxf support. I believe it was
introduced in gdal 1.7. gdal 1.8 has more improvements regarding dxf,
but QGIS does not use them yet.

There will be dxf-related improvements for reading dxf files later this
year in QGIS, which will allow to read layers and styling, as well as
text and blocks. There is already a sponsor for these improvements.
You'd have to be patient for a couple of months, though.

Andreas