[Qgis-user] plugin installer with unstable internet connections

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Sep 13 06:30:19 PDT 2011

 You can have your own local plugin repository in your LAN using a local
 webserver.

 All you need to have is a folder with a file plugins.xml pointing to
 the zip-file containing the plugins. Have a look at the sourcecode of
 the XML file that are used by the other repositories. It is really easy
 to do.

 Alternatively, you can move the plug-ins by hand into the python
 plug-ins directory without the need for a repository at all. The
 location depends on the platform and there is a distinction between
 machine-wide plugins and user plugins only visible by a certain user.

 I believe the manual describes quite a bit about plugins installation
 and contains a pointer to the locations the python plugins are located.

 Andreas

 On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 15:47:57 +0300, Janneke Qgis wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> We are discovering more and more plugins that could be very useful to
> our work. However, we are working with very unstable internet
> connections, and as far as I can see the Plugin installer only works
> while having an internet connection. Is there a way around this? We
> would like to be able to download plugins once (eg at night when the
> internet seems better), and then be able to install them on different
> computers.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions,
> Janneke

 Andreas Neumann