[Qgis-user] [Off-Topic]Tips on buying a new laptop

percy langa percylanga at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 00:41:23 PDT 2011

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 9:28 AM, Alex Mandel <tech_dev at wildintellect.com>wrote:
<snip>

> Video - Discrete ATI or Nvidia 256 MB or more

I take that Ubuntu runs well on both Nvidia and ATI. My experience with
Ubuntu PPC 9.04 and 10.04 on Apple's Powerbook G4 nvidia chips (as compared
to ATIs) is rather bad (choppy, buggy, slow and no 3d acceleration).

I have an Asus, 4GB RAM, Nvidia 256MB, 115 GB SSD, 13" wide - already
> 3 years old, only thing I've done is swap for the SSD recently.

That's cool! I definitely wanna give a SSD a go.

Thanks mate for the pointers :)

Percy