[Qgis-user] Incorrect placement of ABC labels

werner at macho.cc werner at macho.cc
Wed Aug 1 02:04:42 PDT 2012

Hi!

> You are right about the possible placement of centroids outside the
> polygon
> but as you can see from the screen dump in my original post Qgis is
> fully
> able to calculate the expected centroids (the brown dots), but ABC
> labels
> are apparently placed using an other algorithm even if centroid
> placement is
> requested?

I don't know if I am right but .. isn't the placement of labels done
with it's own engine where you can tell if you want to have it right
above /left below (....) the point depending on available space?
Probably you switched on some of these possibilities and it selects one
of those places which fits best for every centroid point ..
Just a thought without having tested

kind regards
Werner