[Qgis-user] Incorrect placement of ABC labels

magerlin MAP at ramboll.dk
Wed Aug 1 02:18:40 PDT 2012

Werner Macho-2 wrote

> Hi!
>
> I don't know if I am right but .. isn't the placement of labels done
> with it's own engine where you can tell if you want to have it right
> above /left below (....) the point depending on available space?
> Probably you switched on some of these possibilities and it selects one
> of those places which fits best for every centroid point ..
> Just a thought without having tested
>
> kind regards
> Werner

Yes you can choose different sort of placement but I have selected "Over
centroid" which removes a lot of the other placement adjustment
possibilities.

It is possible ("for debugging purposes") to make ABC show all label
candidates but only one is shown when "over centroid" is selected.

-----
Regards Morten

Qgis 1.8.0 Stand alone installer in Win7 64 bit