[Qgis-user] Problem with Managing Plugins with qgis 1.8

alex thezal at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 01:37:35 PDT 2012

Hi Sergio,
it seem you don't own  .qgis directory in your home dir:
type in a terminal window (Ctrl+Alt+T keyboard shortcut ...)

ls -la /home/sergio/ | grep .qgis

and see  results.

In case, to change the owner of the .qgis dir type in a terminal window:

sudo chown -R sergio:sergio /home/sergio/.qgis

and you will prompt for your password.

I had same problem in Ubuntu 12.04 and QGis 1.8 and .qgis dir in my
home are owned by root: typing this command solved the situation.

Best Regards

Alessandro