[Qgis-user] GPS interface

werner at macho.cc werner at macho.cc
Mon Aug 6 23:27:35 PDT 2012

Hi!

Depending on which Operating System you are using I suggest either to
use the tool coming with you Garmin (MapSource?)
Or in the OpenSource World there is a nice program which works
perfectly with Garmin. It is called QtLandkarteGT [1].

QGIS is not a "GPS"-Managing Program - it is able to connect to
GPS-devices but only for the purpose of downloading data or displaying
actual position.

If you want to upload something to your device you have to use a format
which your device is able to understand and use a program that is able
to upload to your device.

Hope that helps
kind regards
Werner