[Qgis-user] SVG Fill

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Fri Aug 17 04:22:59 PDT 2012

 Hi Jonathan,

 SVG symbols are always just referenced.

 It is generally good advice to use relative paths in the project
 settings. This influences paths to spatial data files (e.g. shape files,
 tiff files, spatialite), but also the SVG files. Relative means relative
 to the .qgs project file.

 I generally create a directory per GIS project and put the .qgis in the
 root of this directory and svg Files in a subdirectory.

 Alternatively, you can use the central storage of SVG files. This can
 be anywhere in your file system and you can define it in the Global
 Options --> Rendering --> SVG Paths

 Hope this helps.

 Andreas

 Andreas Neumann