[Qgis-user] DB Manager errors loadin shapefile to PostGIS

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 04:03:07 PDT 2012

I'm obtaining the following errors when I try to load (drag&drop) a
shapefile do PostGIS.

I'm running PostGIS 1.5 on Postgresql 9.1.

QGis 1.9 on Windows 7 64bit.

The first error (ERROR1) I've supposed was an encoding issue and float
overflow due to the coordinate fields in the DBF.

The DB encoding is UTF-8.

The error happens whichever encoding I choose.

ERROR1

Error 7

Feature write errors:

Creation error for features from #0 to #0. Provider errors was:

PostGIS error while adding features: ERROR: numeric field overflow

DETAIL: A field with precision 19, scale 11 must round to an absolute value
less than 10^8.

Only 0 of 20 features written

I've opened the DBF with LibOffice to change encoding and format cells to
lesser decimals.

Now I get ERROR2. Considera that I don't have any reg2011 table on the DB
when this happens.

ERROR2

Error 7

Feature write errors:

Creation error for features from #0 to #0. Provider errors was:

PostGIS error while adding features: ERROR: new row for relation "reg2011"
violates check constraint "enforce_geotype_geom"

Only 0 of 20 features written.

The link to the original test shapefile is [1]

giovanni

[1] http://www.istat.it/it/files/2011/04/reg2011.zip