[Qgis-user] QGIS => Inkscape Issues

David Fawcett david.fawcett at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 12:02:20 PDT 2012

I have created a map in QGIS and exported it as SVG.  I am attempting to
now edit and use the exported features in Inkscape.

I am having some issues placing text on the vector paths.  It appears that
Inkscape is treating the whole chunk of SVG exported from QGIS as one
object.  When I attempt to select an individual street line in Inkscape, I
get all of the features together.  I can use the path edit tool to modify
an individual line segment.  I can also symbolize it independently.

Does anyone have any experience with this?  Are there any good tutorials
for QGIS => Inkscape?

Thanks,

David.