[Qgis-user] SEXANTE testing

Filipe Silva Dias filipesdias at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 08:31:41 PDT 2012

On the bright side, the R backend is working fine. Ive been doing some
testing  and everything works smoothly (and fast), both with vectors and
with rasters.

If anyone out there is hesitant about creating R-Sextante functions, dont
be. It works perfectly.

I have one comment though: it should be possible to read "R code error
messages" in QGIS. If a user makes a script that contains a mistake in the
R code,Sextante simply says "Could not load layer etc etc".

Ill keep opening tickets whenever I find something that's not working. The
Model Builder stills had a few serious problems, but the rest is on the
right track I thing. Victor Olaya usually fixes the bugs that we find quite
fast, so if more people could join the unofficial  Sextante bug hunting
team, things would progress faster I think.

Best regards