[Qgis-user] OsGeo4W-setup

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Jul 24 04:30:05 PDT 2012

 Hi Oliveira,

 In OSGeo4W you should select the "Advanced" install option. Then when
 you select the packages you should select qgis (currently version 1.8x)
 and qgis-dev (currently version 1.9x).

 Here is a step-by-step installation instruction:
 http://gis.uster.ch/dokumentation/qgis/installation - it is in German,
 sorry, but the dialogues are the same.

 Did you really also install the qgis-dev package?

 Andreas

 On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 10:56:09 +0100, legiopatrianostra wrote:
> Hello Andreas,
>
>  Maybe I was not very clear, I like to work with the dev version, and
> when I access through the Internet to download the Qgis 1.9.0
> (OSGeo4W-setup.exe), the icons of the Qgis 1.9.0 - Desktop and Bowser
> , does not appear either on the desktop or the Start Menu, All
> Programs, OSGeo4W folder.
>
>  Only the icons related to the Qgis stable version 1.8.0, is that
> they
> are placed either on the desktop or the Start Menu, All Programs,
> OSGeo4W folder.
>
>  Thanks for the help
>
> Oliveira Brás
>
> 2012/7/8 Andreas Neumann
>
>> Hi Oliveira,
>>
>> It is all fine. Version 1.9x was renamed with version 1.8x - as
>> version
>> 1.8 was never released before. Version 1.8 is now the stable
>> version
>> while version 1.9x is the dev or master version.
>>
>> Andreas
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1] mailto:a.neumann at carto.net