[Qgis-user] Python error enabling sextante plugin

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Thu Nov 8 23:37:20 PST 2012

Am 09.11.12 08:27, schrieb Andrea Peri:

> today I had tried to updat the osgeo4w installation of qgs-dev.
>
> After this. The python error is still here.
>
> SO I try to remove the sextante plugin. The plugin install will do me only
> the downgrade option. The installer say me that I have the 1.0.8 and the
> downgrade will bring me to the 1.0.7 version.
> I give a yes to downgrading.
>
> But with my big surprise it say me that is not possible to install
> because is missing a dependencies.

I ran into the same problems. But after restarting Qgis worked, and had
Sextante Menu entries. I think 1.0.7 is the last non-core-plugin
version, which installes to \.qgis\python plugins.

If you don't need the broken core sextante, you can delete the folder from
C:\OSGeo4W\apps\qgis-dev\python\plugins. Or wait till next week ;-)

HTH,
André Joost