[Qgis-user] Python error enabling sextante plugin

Matteo Ghetta matteo.ghetta at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 01:18:46 PST 2012

Hi guys,
i have almost the same problem with sextante and python (qgis 1.9 on
ubuntu).
I started qgis as usually and qgis gave me the python error above
described.
So I tried to uninstall sextante, re-install it, and move directories (from
/usr/share/qgis/python/plugins and from /.qgis) and replace them.
What now happens is that, running qgis I have this error:

SEXTANTE

The Plugin Installer has detected an obsolete plugin which masks a newer
version shipped with this QGIS version. This is likely due to files
associated with a previous installation of QGIS. Please use the Plugin
Installer to remove that older plugin in order to unmask the newer version
shipped with this copy of QGIS.

Sextante and qgis work without problems, but I don't understand I I should
do something to solve this little problem.

Thanks