[Qgis-user] Python error enabling sextante plugin

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Fri Nov 9 01:29:46 PST 2012

Am 09.11.12 10:18, schrieb Matteo Ghetta:
> Hi guys,
> i have almost the same problem with sextante and python (qgis 1.9 on
> ubuntu).
> I started qgis as usually and qgis gave me the python error above
> described.
> So I tried to uninstall sextante, re-install it, and move directories (from
> /usr/share/qgis/python/plugins and from /.qgis) and replace them.
> What now happens is that, running qgis I have this error:
>

> SEXTANTE
>
> The Plugin Installer has detected an obsolete plugin which masks a newer
> version shipped with this QGIS version. This is likely due to files
> associated with a previous installation of QGIS. Please use the Plugin
> Installer to remove that older plugin in order to unmask the newer version
> shipped with this copy of QGIS.
>

> Sextante and qgis work without problems, but I don't understand I I should
> do something to solve this little problem.

Same here. You now have both versions (core and external plugin). I
guess you have re-installed 1.07, not 1.08.

Removing the plugin from core leaves you with the working 1.0.7 in .qgis
and no annoying message at start.
The other way won't work: Removing the external plugin gives you the
error message reported before.

Off course, removing both you have peace, but no Sextante ;-)

I don't know about the ubuntu file structure. Maybe you have another
copy of Sextante somewhere else.

HTH,
André Joost