[Qgis-user] Set relative path [QGIS 1.8.0 on Win XP]

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Thu Nov 15 07:53:00 PST 2012

Am 15.11.2012 16:27, schrieb Raffaella Sanna:
> Hi! I have some problem working with relative path.
>
> My QGIS project is stored with a path like this:
> E:/GIS_folder/Qgis.qgs, and all GIS data are in
> E:/GIS_folder/DATA_folder, so project and data are stored in the same
> folder. I saved this project with relative path, from 'project
> properties' ->  'save relative path', but when I copy all the folder
> "GIS_folder" on another pc (on C: disk) and I open the project, all
> shapefiles are still linked to my pc (E:, not C:).

Rather strange. It should be exactly opposite. Are these projects
created with an older Qgis version? If I remember correctly, absolute
paths were default until Qgis 1.7.3.

What happens if you change the properties entry to "absolute"?
You can look into the project file with a text editor and look for
<datasource> tags.

greetings,
André Joost