[Qgis-user] QGISWebserver and PostGIS-Layer

Albin Blaschka albin.blaschka at standortsanalyse.net
Thu Nov 22 07:12:14 PST 2012

Hello!

I just started to use QGIS Server on an Ubuntu server, after
installation and basic configuration, I get a successful answer of a
GetCapability-Request.

Now, for my first "real" project, I have a question regarding the QGIS
Server and PostGIS-Layers: If I enter the following URL in firefox, I
just get a blank canvas, no layer:

http://myserver/cgi-bin/qgis_mapserv.fcgi?SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.3.0&REQUEST=GetMap&FORMAT=image/png&CRS=EPSG:4326&WIDTH=500&HEIGHT=500&LAYERS=mypostgislayer

What I have done so far:

* I have set up a project in QGIS Desktop including a PostGIS-Layer,
with the connection storing the full connection string (username and
password), the layer is shown as it should be

* I saved the QGIS project file and opend it in a text editor and found
the credentials for the PostGIS-Layer

* I copied the project file into the cgi-bin directory, chmod'ed it even
to 777, just to get it going; trying it with the "map="-parameter was
also not successfull...

* The database server is the same box as the apache (Ubuntu Oneiric
11.10, PostgreSQL 8.3.8, PostGIS Version 1.3; it is an intranet-server,
not reachable from outside)

What have I done wrong?

Thanks in advance,
best regards,