[Qgis-user] qgis and Large Format Print

haubourg regis.haubourg at eau-adour-garonne.fr
Thu Nov 22 23:37:47 PST 2012

Hi

Ramon Andiñach wrote
> Where your vector exports about twice as big as the raster versions?
> Is that expected?
> -ramon.

Thanks for your tests.
Yes, pdf are twice as big as rasters for me too. This is uinderstandable
since it keeps all vertex of geometries, and they are big, and you also have
a raster in background.
Is that a normal behaviour? Not sure, I would prefer that, like in Arcgis, a
simplification of feature be applied, according to user dpi choice. There is
no use having very complex vectors on top of downsampled raster. I think
PDFCreator does that on the fly. I'll check.
Régis