[Qgis-user] qgis and Large Format Print

haubourg regis.haubourg at eau-adour-garonne.fr
Fri Nov 23 02:19:57 PST 2012

Hi,
on XP, I installed shapely as described:
 - systematic crashes with pdf raster export 400 dpi. Memory usage going up
to 762Mo (on 4Go) when crashing. When crashing, I hear HDD swapping a lot
(confirmed on task manager).
Composer screen starts a refresh and goes blank. at the same time, I get a
CPU peak to 100 %, and then crash message coming

 - 300 dpi pdf raster export is generated

-  500 dpi does nothing, only a small CPU peak. Blank pdf is generated (2Ko)

Then I uninstalled shapely wiht osgeo installer. Crashes keep on .. Not sure
if I uninstalled correctly.

I think we are not reproducing all cases but we start to have something
reproducible. If others confirm, we could start to track it in hub.qgis.org?