[Qgis-user] Problems to display working window on MacOSX

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sat Sep 15 08:42:43 PDT 2012

On Sep 15, 2012, at 7:55 AM, JosĂ© Carlos Guerrero AntĂșnez wrote:

> > OSX 10.6.8
> > Qgis 1.8 updated.
> >
> > I'm working with an IMac10,1, Intel Core 2 duo

Updated - do you mean you had a previous version of QGIS installed and you upgraded?  There might be extra plugins from the old version that do not work in QGIS.  There is a known problem of old plugins that use PyQwt will cause the new QGIS to crash, a couple of these are profiletool and valuetool.

You can trash ~/Library/Preferences/org.qgis.QGIS.plist (that's in your home folder Library) and the next time you start QGIS all your extra plugins will be disabled (if QGIS still crashes, it's something else).  Turn them on one by one in the plugin manager to find which one(s) crashes.  Either update or delete the plugin(s).  Valuetool has been updated for this problem but I have not heard about profiletool being updated.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"We are at war with them. Neither in hatred nor revenge and with no particular pleasure I shall kill every ___ I can until the war is over. That is my duty."

"Don't you even hate 'em?"

"What good would it do if I did? If all the many millions of people of the allied nations devoted an entire year exclusively to hating the ____ it wouldn't kill one ___ nor shorten the war one day."

<Ha, ha> "And it might give 'em all stomach ulcers."

- Tarzan, on war