[Qgis-user] Text symbols

Peter Schürch p.schuerch at meierpartner.ch
Fri Sep 28 00:57:12 PDT 2012

Hi Stephen

You can place a buffer around the text, that enhances readability a lot. If you want to export your map to pdf or svg you should use new-style labelling (the Icon with the letters "ABC" on the toolbar), otherwise export fails. New-style labelling allows you to place labels parallel to lines, could be quite useful too.

Other option (workaround) would be to have a shape layer with white rectangles beneath the text.

Maybe someone has a better idea.

Peter