[Qgis-user] Edit MapInfo TAB files

"FERRATON Alain (Chef du groupe informatique technique et scientifique, responsable du pôle national d'expertise progiciels géomatiques) - SG/SPSSI/CPII/DOO/ITS" Alain.Ferraton at developpement-durable.gouv.fr
Tue Apr 23 02:53:06 PDT 2013

the French Ministry of Ecology is also interested. A fundamental point
is to offer the opportunity to work directly with MapInfo files in QGIS.
To do this would require an evolution of miTab driver.
http://mitab.maptools.org/.

in the meantime, work with postgis (or spatialite) as a pivot format is
a good alternative, but can cause problems transcoding of data.

Alain FERRATON
CP2I/DOO
02.40.12.84.08