[Qgis-user] Buffer with qgis : wgs84/mercator world?

image lcelati at latitude-geosystems.com
Fri May 10 04:09:29 PDT 2013

Thank you.

I just tried a test to generate a buffer 20 meters from my linear shp(with
pseudo mercator). It works. But when i measure, the buffer is not to 20
meters but 12/14 meters.

Could you just make a quick test on your side please?

Via the interface called Buffer i have entered those parameters:

Segments for approximation (by default) : 5
Buffer distance : 20

Indeed i'm working on such a small scale and i don't care about small
distortions.

Could you throw light for me?

Thanks.