[Qgis-user] Joining excel data

Rudi von Staden rudivs at gmail.com
Mon May 20 02:06:48 PDT 2013

Hi Sandy,

I'm glad to hear that UWC is presenting QGIS, and I hope that you find it
useful for the purpose!

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 8:37 AM, sandy dove <dove.sandy at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2)      Also how do I bring in an excel table and join this table to a
> shapefile - Can I join them in Quantum?

I think Raymond already  answered your first question. For your second, and
as a general resource, you might find the gis.stackexchange.com site useful.

It's not clear to me from your question whether you are wanting to import
data that's currently in excel format (including coordinates). If that's
the case, this question (and related answers) might be useful for you:
http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/41962/how-to-import-coordinate-data-from-excel-into-qgis

If you are wanting to join attributes to data that's already loaded as a
shapefile (hopefully with a common connecting attribute like an id field),
then the following information is what you're looking for:
http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/48925/what-is-the-best-way-to-connect-spatial-data-with-attributes-in-excel-table

If neither of these work, then see if any of these search results work:
http://gis.stackexchange.com/search?q=%5Bqgis%5D+excel

Hope this helps!

Rudi