[Qgis-user] Oracle - QGIS connection

Bob and Deb bobdebm at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 10:14:59 PDT 2013

Hello Jonathan,

How about setting the environment variable ORACLE_HOME to
c:\admin\apps\oracle32\product\11.2.0\client_1 and TNS_ADMIN to the
location of the directory that contains tnsnames.ora?  That is what I did
and it works fine.  In the past I also had to rename the oci.dll (or you
can remove it) from c:\osgeo4w\bin because it conflicted with the oci.dll
in %ORACLE_HOME%.  Btw, we are connecting to Oracle 11.2.0 using OS
authentication.

Bob