[Qgis-user] Processing exercises: add your own

Victor Olaya volayaf at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 03:19:01 PDT 2014

Thanks Paolo for proposing this.

The current Processign manual covers many areas of Processing,
specially the most basic ones, but there are still some others that
are not covered. Creating new algorithm with Python scripts is, for
instance, not covered yet. I have seen a lot of good examples of
people using Python to extend Processing, so it would be great if you
could adapt you blog posts or other texts about that work, so it can
be added to the manual

A quick search shows that there are plenty of people doing stuff with
Processing and writing about them

As an example, here's a good one about scripts

http://ssrebelious.wordpress.com/2014/01/04/unifying-extent-and-resolution-of-rasters-using-processing-framework-in-qgis/

A nice one about using the batch processing interface

http://www.qgistutorials.com/en/docs/batch_processing.html

And a complex and long one to demostrate the full power of Processing

http://gis-lab.info/qa/uikgeo-area.html [RU]

Just to name a few that I found in a quick google search.

I will try to get in contact with authors and adapt/translate those
texts (and ask for their permission if needed, of course), but if
anyone could help on that, it would be really good.

Thanks in advance!