[Qgis-user] Displaying the command of Database Shapefile Loader

venerio giuseppe anardu anardu.geol at yahoo.it
Fri Apr 18 11:28:37 PDT 2014

I don't think this task can be accomplished automatically, but if it could be possible it will be awesome!
Anyway, I've found this article:
http://mike.teczno.com/notes/hachures.html
Greetings

Il Venerdì 18 Aprile 2014 16:28, Gunnar Oehmichen <oehm8895 at uni-landau.de> ha scritto:

Hello There,

Using QGIS 2.2 on Ubuntu 12.04.

I uploaded a shapefile to a remote postgis-database using the
DatabaseManger -> Import Shapefile.

Is it possible to display the shp2pgsql command qgis used to load a
shapefile to a postgisdatabase (I guess QGIS is just using the tool). I
would like to compare this command to what Ive entered manually into the
terminal, producing the following error (Probably not belonging here):

I tried to do a shp2pgsql command:

shp2pgsql -i shapefile.shp schema.test | psql -h localhost -d 'DB' -U
oehmichen
Shapefile type: Polygon
Postgis type: MULTIPOLYGON[2]
Password for user USER:
SET
SET
BEGIN
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit sequence "test_gid_seq" for
serial column "test.gid"
CREATE TABLE
NOTICE:  ALTER TABLE / ADD PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index
"test_pkey" for table "test"
ALTER TABLE
                 addgeometrycolumn
planee.test.geom SRID:0 TYPE:MULTIPOLYGON DIMS:2
(1 row)

ERROR:  invalid input syntax for type numeric: "7313000,000000000000000"
LINE 1: ...56Z','Basis-DLM','urn:adv:oid:9110','301IRDC_006','7313000,0...

Thanks for your help,

Gunnar