[Qgis-user] Can Geoserver use the legends of a QGIS project like qgis server

Carlos da Ponte cdaponte at sustainableelements.ca
Fri Apr 25 06:51:29 PDT 2014

Andreas would you mind elaborating further on the 'cascading' issue.

My process to date has been:
To keep updating streamlined I have one qgis project with all of my layers
in it.
- 10% shapefiles
- 70% MS SQL server layers
- 20% WMS feeds from government sources & imagery services, or shapefiles on
the QGIS server that are imported as WMS
- Total number of layers: 50 or so

I then use the layer and print filter in the OWS setup (QGIS project
properties)to then save numerous new projects which then become my themes.
Obviously I do wonder whether maintaining all of these layers in the project
might reduce performance, but I'm not sure how else to do it.

Where does the 'cascading' issue fit in with this example I presented