[Qgis-user] Problems running LAStools in 2.6.1

Lene Fischer lfi at ign.ku.dk
Mon Dec 29 18:09:47 PST 2014

Hi Salvatore,
"import subprocess, os" was the trick !
I fill in a ticket for Bug tracing.

Regards
Lene Fischer
Associate Professor

Faculty of Science
University of Copenhagen

MOB +45 40115084
lfi at ign.ku.dk

-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: Salvatore Larosa [mailto:lrssvtml at gmail.com]
Sendt: 29. december 2014 23:58
Til: Lene Fischer
Cc: qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org
Emne: Re: [Qgis-user] Problems running LAStools in 2.6.1

Hi Lene,

On Mon, Dec 29, 2014 at 11:23 PM, Lene Fischer <lfi at ign.ku.dk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have LAStools running in 2.4 – but in 2.6.1 it gives at an error:
> global name 'os' is not defined See log for more details

I am not able to try lastool at the moment but looking at the code I suppose this may have been introduced since 59ec15b [0].
If so, you can try to edit the file
python/plugins/processing/algs/lidar/lastools/LAStoolsUtils.py by adding the missing import module.
You can do this by adding "import os" just after or before "import subprocess" or simply you can edit it like "import subprocess, os"

Hope this helps.

Regards,
-SL

PS: if that is the case, please feel free to file a ticket on the bug tracker [1], thanks.

[0] - https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/59ec15bb2b25fe9efd9e3549d7681dfea89501ff#diff-4
[1] - http://hub.qgis.org/projects/quantum-gis/issues

> But my Operating System is defined as NT.
>
> Is there anyone who can help. My students are about to run this next
> week…
>
> Regards
>

> Lene Fischer
>
> Associate Professor
>

> Department of Geosciences and Natural Resource Management
>
> University of Copenhagen
>

> MOB +45 40115084
>
> lfi at ign.ku.dk

Salvatore Larosa