[Qgis-user] new user...questions

Kevin Caldwell mtssea at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 8 11:42:27 PST 2014

Thanks so much!  I'll prob try / use both methods, DL and streaming.  I appreciate the quick tip, way faster that what I've found.

Kevin

On Saturday, February 8, 2014 12:10 PM, Randal Hale <rjhale at northrivergeographic.com> wrote:

You can go to one of two places:

http://viewer.nationalmap.gov/example/services.html  - this contains a list of services that you can pull from the national map (maintained by the USGS).

To me the http://datagateway.nrcs.usda.gov/ is a little more straight forward plus you don't have to worry about loss of internet.

This may help: http://www.northrivergeographic.com/qgiswms

Randy

Randal Hale, GISP
North River Geographic Systems, Inc http://www.northrivergeographic.com 423.653.3611 rjhale at northrivergeographic.com <mailto:rjhale at northrivergeographic.com> twitter:rjhale http://about.me/rjhale

I'm actively trying to find an answer to this as I type but I'm simply trying to connect to online streaming aerial and USGS raster imagery and not yet finding that...I'm sure I've overlooking it but could use a hand.