[Qgis-user] QGIS with digitizing board/tablet

Bo Victor Thomsen bo.victor.thomsen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 01:03:22 PST 2014

To Thomas -

It would probably not be exceedingly difficult to create a plugin that
would let a digitizing board work with QGIS.

But just my 2 cents as an old digitizing monkey way back in history:
Productivity- and operation wise, it's a far better deal to scan your
maps - whatever size they have - at your local printing shop and then
georeference the rasterfile(s) once and for all. Trust me: It will beat
the digitizer setup almost all the time - even when you include the cost
of scanning the maps at a printing shop.

Regards
Bo Victor Thomsen
Aestas-GIS
Denmark