[Qgis-user] QGIS with digitizing board/tablet

Thomas Colley t.colley at neath-porttalbot.gov.uk
Fri Feb 21 02:57:29 PST 2014

I agree with you 100% on georeferencing scanned rasters being a much
better option! There wouldn't even be any cost to the scanning as we
have a large format scanner and many of the plans are electronic anyway
meaning they would have to be printed off to be put onto the board and
digitised!

I thought that maybe I was missing something as I'm not from a hardcore
drawing background as the users were maintaining that they needed to use
the boards even when I showed them the excellent Georeferencer in QGIS.
It sounds like this might just be an excuse for them not wanting to move
away from ArcGIS!

Thanks very much for your reply

Tom