[Qgis-user] QGIS 2.2 - Remove layer dialog

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Feb 26 04:19:23 PST 2014

Hi Jonathan,

Delete and backspace is not so easy to implement on the layer tree I
assume. We are dealing with multiple platforms, not only Windows. On
Linux, for example there is a notion of "focus" that behaves different
from Windows - a delete key when the mouse cursor is above the map area
can mean something different as a delete key above the layer tree.
People may accidentally hit the delete key while the mouse cursor is
above some other panel/area.

Removing something as important as a layer or group, where potentially a
lot of work goes into configuring it, shouldn't just be deleted by
hitting the delete, while perhaps accidentally the mouse cursor is above
the layer tree.

Then there are mac users where there is no "delete" key on the keyboard
and it has to be emulated by shift-backspace.

It is not so easy to handle all theses platforms equally well.

Andreas