[Qgis-user] Shifting overlapping points

Martin Gibson martin at creativeinterpretation.co.uk
Mon Jan 6 05:11:36 PST 2014

Thanks Alexander.  I can't see points displacement on my install.  Under QGIS
Geoalgorithms → Vector
geometry tools I have 18 algorithms available to me, but not that one.
 Will investigate further to see if I can find why it is missing.

Martin

On 6 January 2014 12:52, Alexander Bruy <alexander.bruy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>
> 2014/1/6 Martin Gibson <martin at creativeinterpretation.co.uk>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm more familiar with ArcGIS than QGIS but starting to shift over to
> using
> > QGIS for most/all work. One thing I had been using QGIS for anyway was
> > shifting overlaid points, as I couldn't get Arc to do this.  I was using
> the
> > ShiftPoints plugin, but it doesn't appear to be available for 2.0 - I
> have
> > come across a statement that it obsolete now and that I should use
> Sextante
> > instead.  Can't find any info on how to achieve what I used to with the
> > plugin - can anyone help?
>
> ShiftPoints plugin now not supported as its functionality already
> available via Processing (Analysis menu). You can find this algorithm
> in the Processing toolbox under QGIS Geoalgorithms → Vector
> geometry tools → Point displacement.
>
> Alternatively you can use search box in the top of Procesing toolbox
> and type something like "disp". List of algorithms will be filtered to
> match your query.
>
> Hope this helps
> --
> Alexander Bruy

Martin Gibson
Creative Interpretation Ltd

w: www.creativeinterpretation.co.uk
e: martin at creativeinterpretation.co.uk
t:  01983 220044

Creative Interpretation Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales
number 07963113, registered office 145-157 St John Street, London, EC1V 4PW.