[Qgis-user] Map composer - Transparency in legend symbols

Paolo e-paul at tiscali.it
Tue Jan 7 08:53:47 PST 2014

Hello list,
I have a question regarding the map composer.
I often use vector layers with simple fills and a transparency level set
(es. 50%) in order to show underlying features.

When you compose a map including layers with a transparency level set,
the symbols in the legend won't reflect the transparency level of the
matching layer. So the symbols in the legend will show the fill color at
100% saturation while the map shows the same color, but with a lower
level of saturation.
This makes matching the symbols in the legend with those on the map harder.

I see that you can give the legend a degree of transparency, but that
will also affect text and other elements of the legend as well.
Is there a workaround for this (lesser) problem?

Paolo Caporro