[Qgis-user] TAB file export

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 23:41:56 PDT 2014

Hi!

The Defaults in 1.8 were not very good ..
It should be possible to do the export this way but you have to use
the OGR creation options for Data source and Layer.

As far as I remember the SPATIAL_INDEX_MODE in Layer Options must be set.

As this uses GDAL/OGR function its best to look at the GDAL Webpage.
Depending on the version of GDAL you have there might be other issues
as well.

After all I can only support Ross - it's best to update to QGIS2.2

regards
Werner

On 06/11/2014 07:01 AM, Ross McDonald wrote:
> Hi Brett
>
> Can you convert the shapefile to mapinfo (TAB or MIF/MID?) on the
> command line with ogr2ogr?
>
> Can you upgrade to QGIS 2.2 or wait a couple of weeks for 2.4?  It
> uses a new version of GDAL/OGR.
>
> Have you checked http://www.gdal.org/drv_mitab.html for possible
> error sources?  And see
> http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/gdal-dev-Unable-to-create-MApInfo-tab-File-td5095559.html