[Qgis-user] QGIS V 2.2 editing vector environment not functional

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu May 8 00:00:19 PDT 2014

Hi,

It is not true that the 64bit version is less stable than the 32bit
version - please do not claim such things unless you are really sure
about it. They are generated from the same code base and there are more
users on the 64bit platform, so why should it be less stable? The only
difference is that it is built on the 64bit versions of the libraries.
In fact, if you own a modern version of Windows, you are likely running
a 64bit Windows in which case we recommend running 64bit QGIS.

As Bernhard said, I assume that the editing problems you have are due to
CRS issues or the OpenLayers plugin. Please note that the OpenLayers
plugin is not officially supported by QGIS and is kind of a hack (using
a webkit webbrowser to satisfy Googles terms of use) - You may not even
be allowed to use it to digitize data on top of it. The Google terms of
use forbid the creation of derivative work. Esp. digitizing on top of it
is forbidden. For OSM and other data sources supported by the OpenLayers
plugin the story may be different. But if you use OSM data, I would
recommend to import the original data, which you can reproject and
style.

Andreas