[Qgis-user] Importing open street map .osm files

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Tue May 27 01:22:27 PDT 2014

Mmm, this is strange. I've had some problems with lines missed during the
Spatialite lines creation (third phase) but never with missing lines from
the Overpass API, which is what the plugin uses to download data.
This also happens for the test area used for the issue.

giovanni

> Also, there seems to be a bug in the  first phase, as QGIS does not
> download all the elements in the selected extent.
>
> https://hub.qgis.org/issues/8878
>
> The workaround is to download the .osm files using the export button on
> www.openstreetmap.org
>

> Best Regards,
>
> Alexandre Neto
>  Em 27/05/2014 08:29, "G. Allegri" <giohappy at gmail.com> escreveu:
>
>> I think the docs are a bit misleading. I think it should be said that
>> when importing the XML topology a Spatialite is created *but with no
>> geometry layers*. They will be ctreated only in the third phase.
>> The fact that the second phase (XML import) asks if you want to create a
>> connection confuses the user, because if he opens the connection it won't
>> see any layer.
>> I think I will open a ticket to suggest to make the docs more clear.
>>
>> giovanni

Giovanni Allegri
http://about.me/giovanniallegri
Twitter: https://twitter.com/_giohappy_