[Qgis-user] Merging DEMs

Randal Hale rjhale at northrivergeographic.com
Thu May 29 06:25:55 PDT 2014

I have two Digital Elevation Models - Imagine a square cut into two
equal triangles.

No matter how I do it - One DEM overwrites the other one so I'm only
ever getting half of the elevation model I want when I merge them. It
appears GDAL only takes the last Elevation model and uses that to
overwrite the First. I've tried making no-data transparent....I've
converted the img to a tif (these are 1/9 DEMs from the USGS National
Map). In someone's infinite wisdom they were cut at the North
Carolina/South Carolina State Line.

Thoughts or ideas?

Randy

--