[Qgis-user] Random styling from two attributes - How?

Calvin Hamilton publisher at solarviews.com
Tue Sep 2 10:41:17 PDT 2014

I was wondering if it is possible to style a map based off of two attributes.
For example use the Natural Earth admin 1 data and use the country
(sr_adm0_a3) to generate a random hue from each unique value, and then use
another attribute to generate random shades of that color. I assume that if
this can be done, Rule-based styling would need to be used, but I have no
idea how to create those rules.

Thanks!