[Qgis-user] QGIS Using Size-Scale Field

Klaus mithöfer kmithof at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 02:11:55 PDT 2014

Dear list,

I want to map point data with insect species density and want to use the
percent values from a table as the size-scale field to map points of
different size representing the densities. I use the simple marker. This
works so far. But what I would like to do is mapping only the outline of
the marker without any filling colour to have coloured circles on my
map. Is this possible? I need to do this to overlay different species
densities in different colour mapped as circles. Therefore applying
transpareny to the layer or symbol does not help because this is also
applied to the outline. Has anyone an idea on how to map circles without
filling color?

I am very thankful for any comments.

With regards

Klaus