[Qgis-user] How to Make a project layer editable

Randal Hale rjhale at northrivergeographic.com
Thu Sep 25 13:54:41 PDT 2014

To be honest - I'm not sure if ArcGIS will edit coverages any more (just
checked). It will convert to and from but I didn't see anything that
indicated edit.

I think your best bet is to convert it to a shapefile (or
postgis/spatialite) if possible. If memory serves me right you could
store a mix of geometry in a coverage so watch as you are converting.

Randy