[Qgis-user] OpenLayers plugin not consistently loading all tiles

Nick Barton nick at bmamps.com
Mon Sep 29 04:09:12 PDT 2014

I'm seeing a consistent issue with the Openlayers plugin.

I have installed the prebuilt binary of QGIS 2.4 on a Win 7 64bit
platform. Added plugins are Qgis2threejs, viewshed analysis and
MultiQML. CRS is OSGB:1936.

I'm using the Openlayers plugin to fetch Bing aerial with labels as a
base map.   I experience incomplete loading of tiles in three situations.
(1) When loading the Bing layer, not all tiles are loaded. Hitting F5
(refresh) will fix it so this is not too much of a problem

(2) There is a consistent unloaded column of tiles the the RHS. I can't
find a workaround for this. All I can do is clip it.

(3) The biggest issue is when using Print Composer to render to a jpg
file. In this case perhaps only 0-25% of tiles are loaded. No
workaround. See pc.jpg atttached.

I am a new user so I have much to learn so I'm not sure if this is a bug
or a user issue. Does anyone else see the same problems and have any
suggestions that I might try?

Thanks,
NB