[Qgis-user] QGIS - Graphic Design Workflow

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Dec 2 00:11:46 PST 2015

Hi Ezra,

You can bring in SVG files from Illustrator or Inkscape for more complex
graphics from your designers. Everything else can be easily done in QGIS
these days - if you use a recent version of QGIS (e.g. 2.10 or 2.12).

The QGIS print composer is meanwhile more powerful than people think. I
think there are only very rare cases where you really have to export the
final maps into a graphics software like Illustrator or Inkscape.

If you find any shortcomings in the print composer or missing features,
please let us know.

Andreas