[Qgis-user] PROBLEMS WITH VIRTUAL FIELDS

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Tue Dec 15 07:52:11 PST 2015

Hi Eva,

On 12/15/2015 01:31 PM, Eva Mosquera wrote:
> Good morning everyone! I have two questions I'd like to ask you.
>
> Firstly, I have a shp with a lot of features and each of them has some
> virtual fields. The problem I have is that when i want to create a
> ruled style or select by expression, if the field I choose is
> dependant for another virtual field, it doesn't work. The style or
> selection doesn't work. Is that because of the virtual field? Is there
> any way to solve this?
Yes, there is no effort taken at all to resolve dependencies between
virtual fields. It's best to just make them all independent of each other.

> The other question is, I have some problems with actions. I need to
> have the project in my company's server and that everyone could
> download it to his/her computer and work with it. Now, with QGIS 2.12
> I can use realtive paths, but this actions that were working before,
> now they don't work. Is somebody having the same problem or similar?
> Did anyone find a solution to this?
Can you be more precise about where exactly relative paths can be used
now and how you actions depend on it.

PS: Please don't capitalize your subject line. This is perceived as
shouting and considered to be rude.

Best regards

> Thank you very much!

Matthias Kuhn
OPENGIS.ch - https://www.opengis.ch
Spatial • (Q)GIS • PostGIS • Open Source