[Qgis-user] Label outlines.

Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Tue Dec 15 11:59:31 PST 2015

All,

Any option in QGIS for outlining Labels?  I’ve sort of got a trick working by adding a layer twice (see side note below).  This isn’t good for long term editing of the data files (I have to edit both SHP files, or edit one, and copy to the new name again.  Hmm, on Linux, does QGIS follow soft links correctly?

SIDENOTE:  Why do I need to copy a SHP file to a new name in order to use the same data file but with different styling.  I would have figured I could rename the layer in QGIS and then add the same datafile again, but alas, it gets mixed up when the same data file is used more than once.  I stacked the same layer on top of itself but with a slightly large text size on the bottom (background) in order to display a colored outline of the Label/Text.

Thanks

bobb