[Qgis-user] Looking for a suggestion on a vector format

Randal Hale rjhale at northrivergeographic.com
Fri Dec 18 08:39:15 PST 2015

If we're both thinking of this the same way - no. Typically QGIS is a
container for one project (your qgs file). So if you had two approach
maps - that's two projects. Although you could come up with a structure
to your data/directories to somewhat make that happen. I can't think of
any software off the top of my head that allows for multiple projects to
be nested together.

Well - let me back up. You can have multiple map composer sessions in
one QGIS Project. So that may get you closer to what you want. I had a
similar problem and then created one qgs project per area (in other
words one database with 1 project and 18 areas of interest so I had 18
qgs files).

I was looking back and Nicolas had a good suggestion with spatialite.
Spatialite isn't as complicated and is one file. Potentially you would
only have two files to worry with - but a database like
postgresql/postgis might be more robust.

--
423.653.3611 rjhale at northrivergeographic.com