[Qgis-user] map frame questions

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Jul 23 02:38:44 PDT 2015

Hi Luca,

You can export a template file - but if you have linked files (such as
images, logos, etc.) in your layout you will have to send those files
along. In the print composer window -> Composer menu -> Save as
Template.

You might want to read the user manual if you are not so familiar with
the concept of the print composer. Always a good idea to read the
documentation ;-)

Greetings,

Andreas

On 2015-07-23 11:14, Luca Galuppini wrote:

> thank you for responses dear Andreas and Ujaval, i will try it asap.
> by the way is there a way to save a print model into a portable file?
> i work on my project on 2 different computers and also have a collaborator, all files are in a dropbox, but the print project seems to be stored locally.

> Hi,
>
> It would be better to use just a basic rectangle instead of an HTML frame with no content. There are basic shapes available, like rectangles, circles/ellipse and triangles. The icon for the basic shapes is next to the icon you use to add scalebars. You can lock the rectangle element after creation so it doesn't interfere with the selection of other elements.
>
> Andreas
>
> On 2015-07-23 10:36, Ujaval wrote:
>
> For outer black border, you can add a new HTML frame with no content. It's a hack, but seems to work.
>> Geographic coordinates without seconds is possible. Use format 'Degree, Minute' and change coordinate precision to 0.
>
> On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 4:43 PM, Luca Galuppini <luca.galuppini at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> dear all i am working on a map border, i would like to obtain a result similar to this one:
> http://www.giroparchi.it/it/cartadeisentieri/ [1] only, i cannot find in the map composer the possibility to: - add an outer black border 7-10 mm away from the actual map frame - represent UTM coordinate values in thousands meters (ie 587 instead of 587000)
> - represent geographic coordinates without seconds (ie 44°15' instead of 44°15'0") is there a way to do it ?

Links:
------
[1] http://www.giroparchi.it/it/cartadeisentieri/